- Culinary crib notes… Chef’s Pencil Set
- This food & that food… Ampersand Food Groups
- A fleet of eventual banana bread… Banana Boats
- Caffeine culture… Disposable Coffee Cup Art
- PB&J FTW… Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream Cone
- Gimme some skin… KFC’s Skinwich
- Extraordinary McDonald’s Menu Items You May Not Know About
- Proclaim yourself a foodie in style… Foodie Bling
- Goodbye sweet, delicious world… Caption Contest: Gun Popsicle
KFC would appear to have made a sandwich consisting of only chicken skin. That is of course if it wasn’t complete bullshit and merely the work of another mouth-breather seeking a web meme.
Need to turn a grilled cheese sandwich into something horrifying? There’s an app for that.
Denny’s, which for years has taken liberties with what should actually be considered food, has now blurred the lines between appetizer and main course. Their new Fried Cheese Melt is a grilled cheese sandwich embedded with four mozzarella sticks.
Priced at a reasonable $4 — it’s served with french fries (sure, why not?) and a side of marinara sauce.
During this ongoing grosser-than-gross contest that began with the KFC Double Down and appeared to reach its pinnacle with Friendly’s Grilled Cheese Burger Melt — Denny’s latest entry is actually sort of lame.
However for a mere $4 dollars it should be successful, considering its assumed target demographic — broke and stoned college co-eds.
Japanese chef Shoichi Uchiyama gets creepy-crawly with his sushi recipes that use insects as the primary source of protein. Although his concept is nothing new — Uchiyama wrote an insect cookbook in 2008 — he continues to lobby for the use of bugs as an alternative and more sustainable protein source.
Because sometimes mommies need to sit in a corner and think about what they’ve done to deserve this — Mommy’s Time Out Wine is here to help.