In what is surely another step towards robots becoming self-aware and killing us all, Robotics firm Willow Garage has developed a robot that will fetch your favorite beer. But that’s not all—the robot also has beer brand and face recognition abilities.
In a move that can only be described as ‘Coors-Light-Like’, Heineken has thrown its hat into the ring of embarrassing packaging gimmicks.
Heineken is allowing users to design their own six-pack by choosing a bottle color, adding a custom message, and a Jones Soda-like option of adding a photo. But before you start thinking that this is even remotely cool—the custom bottles are only available for Heineken drinkers in Ireland, and a personalized six-pack of this once reputable beer would cost about $36.
[via Fast Company]
Bacon is great. Beer is wonderful. Coffee makes mornings tolerable. So why separate the most important of the food groups when they can be combined for the ultimate morning?
Nerd Approved recently unleashed an idea for a brew that seems tailor made for starting the day off right. It begins with a base of oatmeal stout, coffee is added and then finished with an infusion of bacon. Breakfast is served.
The actual brewing process can be found here.
- Is a Burger-Scented Candle What You Crave? [Slashfood]
- How to Open a Beer Bottle with a Piece of Paper. [YouTube vid]
- Eating Ice Cream on a Rollercoaster. [vid, Doobybrain]
- Neato Bambino shares How to make Breast Milk Cheese at Home.
- Our 4 favorite things in one. Caffeinated Maple-Bacon Lollipops. [ThinkGeek, via SnakSnak]
Foodiggity’s favorite links of the past week. You’re welcome.