Here at foodiggity, we were psyched to be invited to participate in The Wandering Foodie’s 93 Plates Project. It was also cool that Hagan would be heading across the river from NYC to hang with some ‘bridge and tunnelers’ here in New Jersey. Amanda’s in Hoboken is legendary for its brunch and is consistently rated one of the most romantic restaurants in Hoboken… This could get awkward.
Over the past ten years, we’ve seen quite a few culinary trends. Some were innovative… Most were downright intolerable. Today, foodiggity would like to focus specifically on some of the words and phrases that have seeped into our lexicon. All of which are intolerable.
So, without further ado and in no particular order, the 19 most unfortunate food terms from the past decade.
It has happened to the best of us. A night out with friends gets a little out of hand and you wake up face down, missing a tooth, and there’s a jungle cat in the bathroom.
The inevitable question becomes “What the hell did I do last night?” By this time it does not matter—what’s done is done. It is now the morning after, your body has turned against you and it’s time to take action. Foodiggity is here to help.
- Christmas tree made out of Heineken bottles. [via Boing Boing]
- Eat Me Daily has video of how candy canes are made.
- For the person who has everything, a genuine severed elf ear. [AdFreak.com]
- AV Club NY sticks up for the fruitcake.
- Ugly Christmas Sweaters are Cool?
- Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas Outtakes. [via @RonRuggless]