- Don’t call it a ‘Footlong’. Subway trademarks the term. [NY Daily News]
- The Short, Tangled History of the Slider. [Slashfood]
- Violet Lifesaver anyone? The Original Flavors of 9 Popular Candies. [Mental Floss]
- 15 Most Bizarre Diets in History. [Woman’s Day]
- 8 Websites You Need to Stop Building. [The Oatmeal]
Archives for May 2010
Don’t waste calories driving to the local Krispy Kreme. With the Mini Donut Factory, you can make circles of goodness in the comfort of your home.
Maple glaze and bacon, not included.
[via Laughing Squid and ThinkGeek]
How to Keep a Baby Asleep: McDonald’s Drive-Thru Commercial
Damn you McDonald’s. This ad almost made me consider thinking about having an Egg McMuffin.
[via Ads of the World]
Coke Goes Freestyle: New Vending Machines Will Offer 104 Flavor Options
Coca-Cola is preparing to reinvent their brand for the 21st Century. The beverage giant has launched a series of Freestyle vending machines capable of dispensing 104 user-controlled flavor options. This will allow for complete customization of beverage choice using a system of flavored syrup cartridges, similar to those used in an ink-jet printer.
Playing With Your Food: Jim’s Pancakes
Jim’s Pancakes showcases the breakfast endeavors of a very patient dad just trying to make pancakes for his daughter. The subject matter is mostly by request and includes butterflies, giraffes, turtles and an occasional landscape.